Tuesday 4 December 2012

Review: Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Wash + Mask

Review:
Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Wash + Mask


 Rating: 4/5 stars

Packaging

I received this product as part of a trial from an Australian beauty review website, beautyheaven. It came unlabeled, in plain white packaging so it really was a truly blind review. After curiousity got the best of me and I went investigating, I discovered the product was the Vitamins and Extracts wash & mask by clearasil. Waited to confirm this after my trial was finished to post this up! This suprised me as my first impressions of the product were that it seemed more high end and expensive, perhaps a natural brand. Very impressed Clearasil! The proper packaging is a clear tube with the Clearasil labelling that sits on its squeeze top applicator with a flip cap - this makes the product super easy to open and dispense in the shower. I really enjoy Clearasil's more simple labeling that is based on showcasing its natural ingredients - Vitamin E and Avocado Extract + Pomegranate Extract, rather than harsh acne fighting chemicals. It seems to be a cleanser that is focused more on general skin health and the benefits of ingredients that are kind to your skin.

Product
 
 The product is light green in colour, with a creamy smooth texture, similar to the texture of a clay mask. It had no exfoliating particles. The product had a fresh herbal type scent that was pleasant, not too artificial.

The instructions that came with the product instructed that it could be used as a wash or a mask. Below I will detail my experience with the product in both forms

As a wash:

   I used a cleansing oil to remove the majority of my heavy eye makeup before using this product. The product recommends that you avoid the sensitive eye area, so I would advise removing eye makeup with a wipe or makeup remover beforehand. I applied the product to damp skin. Being a cream, it did not foam or create a lather. Instead, it smoothed over the face, with quite a pleasant soothing, cooling effect. It did not sting or irritate my face as some products do. I massaged the cleanser into my skin with my fingertips for 30 seconds, then rinsed with warm water. After drying, my face felt fresh and clean, not dry or tight/shiny as some cleansers can leave it feeling. It did a great job of removing my face makeup.

As a mask:

 The product recommends that you can use it as a mask 2-3 times per week. I used this product as a mask on fresh clean skin in the morning. I squeezed a small amount of product onto my fingertips, and again massaged the product lightly into my skin for about 30 seconds. Instead of rinsing, I let the product sit and work its magic for 2-3 minutes. It tingled slightly, not an unpleasant sensation, just seemed to be a reminder that the product was doing its job! When I rinsed it off, my face had the same fresh clean feeling, but left it feeling more invigorated and deeply cleaned.


Results! 

After using this product for three weeks, I am very impressed with the results I have seen so far. Black heads on my nose are reduced, redness on my face is soothed, and my breakouts, whilst not completely gone, are reduced significantly. My skin feels fresh, not tight, and I have experienced no dryness or flaking. Without being exfoliating, it seems to have smoothed my skin, making makeup application easier. The only downside is the scent, which I found lovely in the beginning, but can become a bit overwhelming if you use the product multiple times everyday. All in all, having not had much luck with Clearasil products in the past, I am very impressed by this product and have found it effective.

 
 Photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment