Friday 16 November 2012

Rave Review: Oil Garden Aromatherapy Organic Rosehip Oil

 
100% Pure Skin / Carrier Oil
 
Rating: 5/5 stars
 

Described as a product that will;
 
"Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles naturally. An exquisite cosmetic skin oil to help regenerate and repair all skin types. Ideal to help reduce the appearance of scar tissue, sun spots and stretch marks. Organic rosehip contains over 70% Linoleic and Linolenic acids which are vital essential fatty acids and a natural moisturizer for healthy, radiant skin."
 
Having recently seen youtube beauty gurus and magazines rave about the benefits of rosehip oil, and being drawn to natural products good for sensitive skin, I decided I wanted to give it a try. Heading down to my local priceline, I was initially surprised at the high prices these tiny bottles of oil were retailing for. The trilogy rosehip oil, which I had heard the most hype about, was $22 for only 20ml. The natio version was $20 for only 15ml! I thought these prices were fairly steep, and was going to give the product a miss, but then, tucked in a corner at the back of the store, I found the Aromatherapy Garden oil stand. They had this organic rosehip oil, in a 25ml size, for only $14! Happier with this price, I decided on this product.
 
 
Packaging
 
The product comes in a 25ml brown glass bottle. The lid is a screw cap, which unfortunately did not have an attatched dropper (this would have made dispensing a lot easier!!). Instead the top of the bottle is sealed with a plastic plug which has a small hole to ensure a small amount of product is dispensed slowly. This comes in very handy if you accidently knock over the bottle, as no product leaks out! Comes packaged with a glossy label in green and white, with the above description of the oil's properties listed on the back. Looks natural and professional.
 

 
Product
 
 
 
The product itself is a fairly thin oil which is light brown/orange in colour. This originally frightened me a little! But when applying the product over your skin none of this tint shows. When applied to the face, and massaged in, it does not leave skin feeling oily, clogged or heavy. Instead it leaves my face with a light, dewy glow and seems to plump up the appearance of my skin. Some people may perhaps find oils will create shine on their face throughout the day, however I found this product absorbed in nicely, creating a beautiful smooth base for my makeup, and did not show oil through my foundation or powder all day.
When I feel like my skin is tired or stressed, I will layer this oil under a moisturizer at night and wake up with the most beautiful, rejuvinated looking skin.
 
Results
 
After just a few days of using this oil, I found it to be very effective at soothing my dry, blemished skin. It seemed to soothe redness over my breakouts, and helped them to dissapear faster. I used it morning and night, and never found it to make my skin oily. After applying this oil at night, I would wake up with the most lovely, plumped glowing skin.
I do not have any significant wrinkles yet, so I cannot comment on how it would work on these, but it does seem to plump the skin, so I feel it would potentially help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
 
Over a few weeks of using this product, I have seen a marked reduction in old acne scarring marks on my cheeks and forehead. I have had this product for roughly two months, and am only 1/3 of my way through the bottle. At $14, it is the price of an average facial moisturizer, however most moisturizers do not last as well as this oil! I found it to be a great value buy and a bargain for such a beautiful product. Would definately recommend.
Will be repurchasing !


No comments:

Post a Comment