Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes Palette + 600 pageviews! :)

I mentioned in one of my countdown to christmas posts that I finally managed to pick up the Chi Chi glamorous nudes palette at my local target!
I had been looking all around for it after I saw people comparing it to the Urban Decay Naked Palette on beautyheaven, and in jodik76's youtube video. It really is pretty much identical!
It was also a fraction of the cost of the UD Naked Palette, on special at target for only $14.95 which is a pretty great deal considering how lovely all the shadows are.
 
The palette comes housed in a sturdy plastic clip closure container, with a black base, and a clear top lid with the name of the palette 'Nudes' in silver print over the top. Housed inside are the 12 pans of shadows and 2 double ended sponge tip applicators. Unlike some other plastic palettes I own, this one closes very securely to make sure it cannot pop open in your bag or makeup case and damage the shadows inside.
 

 
 
Here is a comparison of the UD Palette next to the Chi Chi Nudes palette:
 
 
 
As you can see, the only shade that is markedly different in the Chi Chi palette from the naked palette is the 'Half-Baked' shade. In the Chi Chi palette it is more a brown colour than gold.
 
 
 Courtesy of The Beauty Cafe
 Under artificial light.
Under natural light.
 
 The formula of the shadows is really lovely. They all have a shimmer to them without being glittery or chunky, and have lovely pigmentation to them. They blend out really well, not only with other shades in the palette but with other eyeshadows too. They last all day/night without creasing or smudging, or wearing off.
This has become my new go-to travel palette, and the one that I keep in my makeup bag to carry with me throughout the day. The slimline yet strong packaging makes it easy to carry and not bulky like the UD palette packaging.
All in all I think this is a fantastic palette not only as a dupe for the UD Naked palette but as a lovely affordable neutrals palette. Chi Chi have not sarcrificed quality of product for affordability.
 
As an end note, my blog reached 600 pageviews today and I just wanted to write a little thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my posts and to the lovely people who have subscribed :) The main purpose of this blog is for me to keep a record of my products but it's lovely that other people find what I have to say interesting to read also!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades!


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was finally able to pick this up after months of toil! It was sold out everywhere!

    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Seems like it has become quite tricky to track down! How do you like it?

      Delete