Monday 4 February 2013

January Purchases :)

Hi guys!
Happy 1st of Feb! I know people say this at the beginning of every new month, but I really just cannot believe that January is over already! I have had a really busy start to the year, having just commenced my major third year university project (eep! wish me luck) but I am very excited for it to be Feb, with valentines day and the valentines swap I am participating in coming up soon! :)
I made a few beauty related purchases throughout Jan and thought I would share them with you guys!

Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners in Black Glitter and Bright Blue
Saw a lot of posts from other bloggers reviewing these eyeliners and decided to pick one up for myself :) and by chance target was having a buy one get one free on eyes and lip products by rimmel so I picked up the black glitter and bright blue. The black glitter is a very pigmented, smooth black with very very fine shimmer throughout it, nice as a switch up from my normal plain black eyeliner. The bright blue is exactly that, a very bright medium blue shade which again is really pigmented and lovely :) really happy with these!

Loreal Colour Riche Le Vernis in 609 Divine Indigo
Saw that Loreal had released the cutest new range of nailpolishes in mini bottles with gorgeous gold lids :) I really really enjoy polishes that are in smaller size bottles such as these, as you are actually able to use all if not most of them up before they dry out or go gluggy. I have wasted half of so many full size bottles after the formula has been rendered useless which is quite annoying, especially when they are expensive! (OPI!) I picked up a gorgeous royal metallic purple called Divine Indigo. The formula of these nailpolishes is so pigmented, opaque with just one coat, they are really quick drying and the brush makes them really easy to apply. LOVE! For the price, you can collect the whole set of beautiful shades! My new favourite nailpolishes :)

SJP NYC Fragrance Giftset
Picked this up for just $20 at Priceline! Had smelt this scent a few times before and loved it so I'm not sure why I had not picked it up by now but this was definately the perfect opportunity! For only 20 bucks I got the 60ml perfume which is a decent size bottle, plus a 75ml shower gel and a 75ml body lotion! This fragrance is very girly and sweet, very me.

SOHO brush set + case
Picked this up from Target in the after christmas sales when it was marked down significantly for only 10 dollars, and didn't really have very high hopes, but was really pleasantly surprised! The brush set comes with a large powder brush, foundation brush, stippling brush, angled eyeliner brush and a few other assorted eye brushes. Normally with cheaper brushes I experience a lot of shedding and not a great ability to pick up colour, but these are really lovely :) do not think I have had even one of the brushes shed yet and I have been using them everyday. My favourites are the large powder brush and the stippling brush. Come in a black & pink slotted pouch with a magnetic closure to keep them all secure.



Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Collection
Was so excited when this arrived at my priceline! I picked up the highlighter pen in 01 konichiwa girls!, the double ended eyeliner in 01 big in japan (black) and the lipstick pencil in 02 its peach not cherry. Absolutely loving the eyeliner so far, it is my favourite of the 3 :) the double ended pen makes it so easy to create a variety of eyeliner looks, and the formula is so longwearing and pigmented. The highlighter pen is also gorgeous, great for highlighting my cheekbones. The lipstick pencil has a nice formulation however it does not really suit my skintone as much as I thought it did unfortunately :( overall quite impressed by this collection, I love essence!

I was trying to keep my spending under control for January and I think I did quite a good job, did not pick up as many things as I normally do/would have liked to! Hope everyone is having a happy February and stay tuned for my Valentines swap haul post! :)

What products did you pick up this month? Anyone else have any new years beauty/spending resolutions? 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, January definitely flew past us at a lightning speed! Can't believe it is February already. I have the Rimmel Scandal eyes in the Black Glitter shade too :) I love how it is creamy and the glitter is really a nice sparkly touch to a simple old black eyeliner. I find it does tend to smudge a little though :( I'm trying to refrain from purchasing anything from the Essence Cheery Blossom Girl collection as I know it'll be something I won't need :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did!!
      Me too, it's great because its something a little different from plain black eyeliner, but isn't too crazy sparkly! It does smudge a little, but i find that wiping my tightline and waterline with a cotton bud first to remove oil, then running a tiny bit of translucent powder on a clean cotton bud helps keep it in place all day without smudging so much! Give it a try :)
      Haha yes most of my makeup purchases are things i dont need :P its inevitable!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the Rimmel Scandal eyes but the black glitter sounds intriguing, I'll have to take a look next time I'm in store

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find the award rules and questions here, to answer in a post

    http://imminentbeauty.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete